Why Enterprises Embrace DevOps
Before diving into the innovations around UFT One and AI, it’s important to understand the role that DevOps plays in delivering high-quality applications to production at any time. It attempts to remove artificial impediments and empowers the team to be responsible and accountable for the applications they build and release. And with customer expectations are as high as timelines are short, delivering value at the “speed of business” requires aligning business needs with the application delivery process. Today, that process includes:
- Removing constraints to avoid technical debt.
- Automating manual work—everything from build, to deploy, to testing.
- Increasing stakeholder visibility across every value stream.
- Collaborating continuously and acting upon feedback at each stage.
Therefore, enabling a DevOps culture will be the engine of change that brings real benefits to your organization, such as:
- Boosting business confidence. DevOps encourages teams to expose end-users to the applications as early as possible to get feedback faster.
- Building a better experience. Using continuous feedback, real data and KPIs, your DevOps team can make course corrections immediately.
- Reducing operational friction. By investing in automated testing and deployment, fewer surprises will crop up when moving to production.
- Delivering high quality applications. The emphasis on being able to release at any time means that the DevOps team has to sustain high standards of quality consistently.